December 2008 : It was officially extended for 5 years on February 5, 2015 (find out more and read the press release).
This chair brings together the expertise of the two project teams in economics and management:
- CIRED: International Center for Research on the Environment and Development, a combined laboratory for École des Ponts ParisTech / AgroParisTech / EHESS (School for Higher Studies in Social Sciences) / CIRAD (Agronomic Research Center for Development) / CNRS (UMR)
- CMA-MINES ParisTech: Center for Applied Mathematics.
This is a center for resources and forward-modeling, focusing on international sustainable development issues.
The Chair’s activities cover four priority areas:
- A long-term forward-modeling platform to support decision-making on energy and climate policies, industrial development, and technological choices;
- Specific research programs initiated in collaboration with our industrial and institutional partners;
- Regular scientific events for the transfer of knowledge and international academic dissemination;
- High-level training programs to develop a network of skills: thesis funding, training seminars targeting our partners’ needs.